Saturday, September 10, 2016

Internet For the Masses No More...Level Up...

http://1reddrop.com/
My two nieces spent the night with Papa and Nana. My brother and his wife had an obligation way down in the beautiful city of New Orleans. My brother feels at home in NOLA as he graduated from Tulane.

I drove over specifically to see my nieces and say hello. Well, they were too enraptured with their iPhones and iPads to even notice me or talk much. I couldn't blame them as I would be doing the same thing when I was a kid and we had all these enticing devices and social media.

Dad was cleaning up the kitchen after a late breakfast so I went to see him. Mom was asleep in the bed.

"I would fix you a plate, but the kids and I ate it all," my father said. "Do you want me to fix you a pan of biscuits and fry some bacon?"

"I've already eaten," I told my father not wanting him to go to all that trouble.

"Pops?" I asked. "Is there any room in my budget for the 600 Mbps internet?"

"Alright Martha!" He exclaimed with a laugh.

My mother's questions for my father often are hard questions asked at inopportune times. My father said he was working on it and will make the call when he is able.

"It will only take 10 minutes and shouldn't be any trouble at all," I replied to my father. "And I will be one of the more happier men alive at this moment."



No comments: