Wednesday, September 07, 2016

The Better Angels of Our Nature...

http://www.thinkingfaith.org/
I love that quote. I think Abraham Lincoln first coined it around the time of the Gettysburg Address saying we need to nurture the better angels of our nature to end the civil war and to abolish slavery.

____________________________________________________

"Your daddy told me to cancel my dentist's appointment tomorrow since you have to get your injection at the same time," my mother told me over the phone this evening. "He says we might be putting too much upon you."

That must've have been a gargantuan, teeth gritting effort for her to do that as The Secretary doesn't miss or cancel appointments.

"I appreciate that," I replied to my mother,"I haven't been up this early and so often everyday in quite some time. I would have been fine, though."

I do have my injection in the morning and realized that's why I was feeling kind of scatterbrained and anxious tonight. It is also laborious to write this blog post with all the mistakes I am making. Dad's now headed down to the pharmacy to fill the prescription so I will be ready to go in the morning. He was off of work today.

My father also cooked supper and when I asked what he cooked he said it was a surprise. Oh, that must mean it is something I like very much. I'm hungry for some country vegetables. I just looked in the sack and my father brought me a plate full of food. I am having green beans, potato salad, creamed corn, and Cajun baked chicken breasts. He knows I enjoy spicy food. My father also put in a bag of sliced tomatoes  to eat with my meal so I could have some tomato sandwiches.

My father got busy a moment ago to participate in my medication ritual and Maggie's ritual. We further fed and watered Maggie as she anxiously look over the proceeding..

1 comment:

Christina said...

I was thinking of Helen tonight. Any word on how she is? Your dad wouldnt give her that old car so she could get to work?