Saturday, August 01, 2015

A Date of a Date…

doorI never revealed what happened on Laura’s and my date.   It was thundering very loudly with dark and ominous skies when I reached her house.  I warily watched the heavens worried about my windshield wipers which were on their last legs. 

I came inside for a moment to use the bathroom.  Laura’s parents have a beautiful new home in a ritzy subdivision that is immaculate inside and outside as far as cleanliness is concerned. Dad always tells me that they are “good folks” meaning Laura’s parents.

“I’m ready for some fajitas,” Laura told me excitedly as I opened her car door for her and let her climb inside.

Laura was clearly excited about our date.

It is about a 30 minute drive back to the Valley from Laura’s home.  We got on the interstate in my trusty CR-V and hauled ass.  I was hoping to steer clear of that thunderstorm.

We got the steak fajitas for two at El Rio Grande – my mother’s favorite Mexican restaurant.  They were very tasty.  Laura is a 100 pounds wet, but she sure can eat.  She is a tiny little thing belying the only pictures I’ve seen of her on the web which make her look obese.

“Can we go to Sonic for a chocolate shake?” Laura demurely asked me seductively batting her eye lashes.

We headed for Sonic which is just up the road from the Mexican restaurant.   I ordered us two medium chocolate shakes, tipped my server two dollars, and we sat in my running car as we talked and slurped.  She was regaling me about the time she hitchhiked from Pensacola, Florida to Las Vegas, Nevada.

I was glad to be headed back up the interstate to Lagrange afterwards.  The experience had left me exhausted – exhausted mainly by the social interaction and constant talking.  Laura is an extreme extrovert.  The whole date cost $35 dollars which I thought wasn’t really bad.   We are going to Longhorn Steakhouse next week and that will be a $50 meal easily.

photo credit:    http://maurysgaucho.com/?p=341

No comments: