Thursday, August 13, 2015

Caffeine Please!

I just drove over to get my diet sodas for the day arcos diet Sprite. The phone was ringing as I walked out the door with my car key in my hand.  That could only mean Laura was calling. She will call all day until she catches me awake.

“Have you got any sodas with caffeine I could have?” I asked my mother after knocking on the kitchen window.

Mom was quietly reading a book in the den she said.

“Sure!” mom replied. “Get you a Kroger sack and they are in the refrigerator downstairs.”

I got a mötley crüe of four diet Sunkist, a diet Coke, and some sparkling flavored spring water. The spring water was supposed to be invigorating.  At least that’s what the label said. Antioxidants, B complex vitamins, blah, blah, blah…

“Thank you,” I said to my mother as I kissed her on the cheek. “I just needed something a little more high powered to get me awake and my motor running today.”

I unabashedly went to bed at six this morning and slept until six this afternoon.

Have all I got reading is people who don’t like me?  It seems that way these days. I laughed at that comment about Tamara and the her mongoloid friend at the Hike, Bike, Run.  Which is Tamara? LOL!  I am not chasing the short bus looking for potential dates these days.  I gave that up years ago.

You would think that all I’ve gone through blog wise that I would have gotten rid of all the scalawags. I’ve only got around 80 people reading a day and I still got a deadpan shamster?

1 comment:

Rita said...

As I told you when the heckler was posting multiple hate messages a day, there is a growing segment of our society whose life is spent finding fault with others and finding others to put down. Narcissism causes these people to feel inferior and their strategy is to look for others to trod on to try to make themselves feel better.

We will always encounter such people. Just when you rid yourself of one, a couple more come forward to take their place. At least they are not shooting multiple and direct hate messages, yet. Just wait a day or two! ;-)

I belong to a group that crafts--knitting, crocheting, etc. One person has taken to posting about our group and almost all the photos included are of her ugly creations, except when she is courting a friendship with someone who is close to someone she is threatened by. Have we ever seen photos of the most exquisite knitting I have seen in years from one of our members? Heavens no. Have we seen photos of 27 beautiful hats loomed by another? Oh, no. That would also be threatening. But we hear all about what is wrong with this person and that person.
Have a great day!