Monday, August 03, 2015

He Has Met His Match…

I just called my parents at 9am to see if I could come and get my Cokes.  Dad answered the phone sounding absolutely frazzled – his nerves on edge. 

“Olivia! Don’t play on the stairs!” he hollered.  “You all come and eat your sausage and biscuits while they are still hot!!!”

I actually felt sorry for my father as it sounded like his hands were completely full.  I headed over on this already hot Southern morning to get my wares which were a six pack of Sprite Zeros. 

“Who wants to come to uncle Andrew’s house?” I asked my nieces and nephew as they sat at the kitchen table.

I was trying to give my father a break. There was a resounding yes! They all wanted to come to my house to play computer and video games and to see Maggie as well.

“Maybe after breakfast, you can come and get them,” my father told me weakly – his grey mane of hair sticking up on the top of his head in a frizzled manner.

Foyle’s War…

While I was at my parent’s house, my mother gave me the full Blu-ray box set of the British series Foyle’s War.  Is it any good?  Mom just raved over it telling me how good it is.  I vaguely remember hearing about it – that it aired on public television.  Looks like I may have a diversion today.  I also want to get down to the railyard and get some more photos and movies again if the grandkids don’t come over.

5 comments:

glittermom said...

How old are these kids?

Andrew said...

Honestly? I don't know how old they are. About 6 years to 9 years I would say.

Lena said...

Good to see you back. I saw you had gone private for a while. Take care, Andrew!

glittermom said...

Sounds like they're pretty rambunctious! Maybe better not to have them all at once...

amelia said...

My husband is crazy about Foyles war! If you don't want them maybe we can buy them from you.