Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Waiting on Goddard. I Mean Papa…

4915106328_c9bc700cf3_bHorsefly is bowling and my father is manning the captain’s chair keeping score while he does so.

“I hope he doesn’t bowl any darn gutter balls,” my father told me on his cellphone awhile ago. “He is already a sweaty mess. We’d all lose weight if we bowled like this!”

I had called him to warn him I was driving over to get my sodas after talking to my mother on the phone.  I didn't want him to arrive and I wasn’t home. It was already 9pm.

“Go on and hurry,” my father told me.

Well, soon, Dad and Horsefly arrived at my house shortly after I had arrived home with six Sprite Zeros.  Horsefly was really hyper tonight and was talking a mile a minute walking from room to room at a brisk pace.  Usually, I can decipher what he is saying, but couldn’t tonight.

“What is he saying?” I asked my father.

“I don’t know,” my father replied. “I can’t make it out either.”

Horsefly went into my bathroom and flushed my toilet over ten times.  Dad looked at me with a funny look on his face worried Horsefly was going to tear up my toilet. All the while, Maggie was taking in every bit of this. Maggie is no longer scared of Horsefly, but looks upon him as a interesting curiosity. 

photo credit:   https://www.flickr.com/photos/opoterser/4915106328

No comments: