Sunday, August 16, 2015

Tired as a Dog’s Jaunt on a Dusty and Hot Southern Summer’s Day…

Maggie very, very rarely gets people food these days. Well, I just gave her a little bite of Helen’s fried chicken on a whim and created a monster.  She has been driving me crazy for another bite. She is being very vocal about the whole affair I might add.  She is whining as I write this with an occasional bark to get my attention.

My Charlie delivered breakfast was ruined this morning.  I walked out on the porch and a giant tepid soda was sitting by the door and a big bag of McDonald’s breakfast was hanging from the door.  Ants had gotten all in the bag and it was a swarm of them.  I set the bag back down on the outside porch until the ants could finish their business. There were ants everywhere.   

I was worn out after last night’s date. Laura can talk a mile a minute.  I recharge through introspection and needed to get home and get away from other people for a little bit. A sighed a deep sigh of relief when I pulled into my driveway last night.  I was home. Maggie was in the den window jubilantly barking at my arrival. “Where have you been?” she seemed to say as she sniffed me all over as I collapsed on the couch. 

Laura and I ate at the Western Sizzlin in Opelika and the total tally was $39 dollars with tax. Good steaks are expensive and the ribeyes we had were absolutely delicious.  Laura and I both cleaned our plates in short order.  Laura marveled that I liked to pour A1 sauce in my baked potato.  We finished our meal with big plates of blackberry cobbler and vanilla ice-cream.  I was so stuffed that it was uncomfortable.  Laura may be only a 100 pounds, but she can really put down some food.  It tickled me as I thought about on the drive back to Lagrange.

Happy Birthday Papa…

11033717_10207541956335813_6141170922752509454_nYesterday was my father’s 70th birthday.  I got him a big bottle of his favorite cologne.  He will literally bathe himself in the stuff.  My sister and all the grandkids took him out to eat last night.

“Why didn’t y’all tell me you were going out and I would have changed my plans,” I told my father last night during the medication ritual.

“I was just going to let you do your own thing tonight,” he replied. “You had been planning to eat with Laura for over a week.”

3 comments:

glittermom said...

Was your mother included?

Andrew said...

Yes Glittermom. Mom was there and even got some compliments from the grandkids about how pretty she looked. It made her day.

glittermom said...

Glad to know she was there...