Saturday, August 22, 2015

Say Goodnight and Go…

Mozzarella_Sticks_579x441Laura and I both had a good, but sort of subdued evening out tonight. We both felt as if we had run a full marathon between us and we were both not very talkative. Laura had spent the day helping her mother paint their bedrooms a new color. I was operating on 5 hours of sleep.  That didn’t stop us from having a good time, though.  We enjoyed each other’s presence immensely and said so to each other as well.

“I’ve been looking forward to this all day,” Laura said as the waitress put two glasses of sweet iced tea on our table. 

At Applebee’s, we got the 1 appetizer and 2 entrees for $25 dollar deal – we shared an appetizer of fried mozzarella sticks and then we got the double crunch fried shrimp as our entrees. The entrees were accompanied by a baked potato and cole slaw.  Both were delicious and filling.  I know I posted a derogatory article on my blog months ago that Applebee’s and Olive Garden were the two worst chain restaurants in the States, but our food was very tasty and freshly prepared tonight. I was pleasantly surprised by the food and service.

After Applebee’s, we drove up to Wendy’s and we both got medium chocolate frosties.   Inside the restaurant was absolutely freezing so we sat out in my car to finish our desserts.

Laura let me off my leash after dinner and told me to find my way back to her house without her help.  I didn't take one wrong turn in traffic ridden Lagrange and soon pulled into Laura’s driveway with us safe and sound.

“I hate to say goodnight and go,” I told Laura hugging her. “But I am always just a phone call or text away.”

“Call me when you get home safe,” she replied.

As I drove home on Old West Point Rd. avoiding the interstate, I marveled to myself how far I have come these past few years. Barbara? (my cherished therapist) Thank you!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I, too, and so glad to see your progress. Very well done!!