Monday, August 17, 2015

The Cornucopia Opens…

544Ah, glorious grocery day.  I can already taste that Hershey’s milk chocolate melting in my warm mouth and the peanut imbued goodness of some Reese’s peanut butter cups.  I will pour a cold glass of whole milk and be in heaven.

Tonight, I will get the ingredients for my spaghetti and meat sauce once again. Like I’ve said before, that will feed me six days and I have Helen’s meals on the weekend (usually three meals). Charlie brings me breakfast Sunday morning and then we have Kentucky Fried Chicken on Sunday night. If I can just make it to Friday without giving out of food. Although, I am also toying with the idea of buying a big bulk box of pepperoni pizza Hot Pockets and then lots of sweet treats.

I ended up almost hungry this week trying to get by with those frozen meals.  I had to eat fast food a few times and my father always frowns upon that. “Live within your means,” he will brusquely and heartlessly tell me. The Chili’s meals were good, but the portion sizes were a pittance.  I would have to eat two of those meals to get full and feel satisfied. They were very spicy as well – spitfire spicy with lots of jalapeños and habañeros. When they wrote big, bold taste on the box, they meant it.

1329876781328_119164Laura and I talked on the phone until the wee hours of this morning.  Wayne this and Wayne that.  She is truly enamored and obsessed with the man.  I don’t see how Laura can trust her life and well being to a random man she met on the internet.  Statesboro is a long way from Lagrange and home.  Tonight, Laura was lamenting the fact that she tells Wayne she loves him and he doesn’t reciprocate. She has to drag it out of him. He says he is coming to get her on the 3rd of September when he gets paid so she can come and live with him.  I will believe it when I see it. He’s playing her like a card just for some cheap and tawdry phone sex – the hallmark of most online dating and internet intimate relationships. People always seem mystified and surprised when crazy people act crazy and I guess I am falling into that same trap as well. .  

Photo Credits:  http://tuffkidsadventure.com/how-to-make-spaghetti-with-meat-sauce/            http://www.someecards.com/usercards/viewcard/MjAxMi01ODgzZjgyNmZiZTM4YWU1

No comments: