Sunday, August 23, 2015

My Little Bit of Instant Bliss…

thunderstorm-and-lightning-storm-20150419074721-55335d897d5a2I rolled over in my bed and looked at my alarm clock this morning and it was only 5:30am. Maggie was grooming vigorously and shaking the bed.  The neat thing was that it was thundering very loudly outside my windows.  The weather guessers had gotten it wrong again as it wasn’t supposed to rain. I was just ecstatic to hear the heavy rain and the storm mother nature was gracing us with. Just now, a flash of lightning lit up my darkened bedroom followed by another loud clap of thunder. We were having another whiz-bang electrical storm.

Let’s Go Get this Chicken on the Road…

Sunday’s are a cherished day of abundance.  Charlie will be by soon this morning with breakfast and then we will have Kentucky Fried Chicken tonight. I know I sound like a broken record, but these routines are so important to me. Are there other families whose routines are so regimented and important? Are we all creatures of habit? Sometimes it is fun to be spontaneous as well – throwing caution to the wind. They do say variety is the spice of life you know?

The Good Lord Doth Smite Thine Eye…

270Maggie is due for a veterinarian visit tomorrow.  I am going to see if Dr. Thomas has any drops to help with Maggie’s growing cataract which is worrying the hell out of me. What would you do if your child was losing sight in one of their eyes?  I also want them to trim her nails, bathe Maggie and groom her as well. To Maggie this is like the spa from hell. The poor thing will know within a minute that something is up when I lock her dog door so I can catch her and carry her to the car. Although Maggie is not near as bad as the dog to the right, I fear it will get like that if I don’t do something and get it promptly treated.

 

Lightning Photo: http://www.quotez.rocks/2015/04/19/thunderstorm-and-lightning-storm/thunderstorm-and-lightning-storm-20150419074721-55335d897d5a2-jpg/

Dog Photo: http://www.avmamedia.org/display.asp?sid=270&NAME=Canine_Cataracts

No comments: