Saturday, August 15, 2015

She Called Me “Baby”…

“That just slipped out,” Laura said via text apologetically. “I accidentally told Richard I loved him as well. I need to just shut up.”

“Don’t worry,” I replied. “I’m bad about calling you sweetheart, you know?”

“I hope I didn’t offend you!”

“I was flattered.”

Laura then went on to ask me if we could leave an hour early so she could shop for an Auburn “game day” shirt. I agreed to pick her up at 3:30pm and then we would head to Auburn.  This means I must get to bed at a decent hour around 3am to be able to function adequately tomorrow. I can’t sleep until my usual lazy 6pm. 

5:44am – I cannot sleep.  I am hoping to fall asleep by 7am and sleep until noon. Shit, I get myself in the biggest fixes and messes at times. Maggie’s fully stretched out on the bed sound asleep the lucky thing.

6:00am -- I just got the bright idea to text Laura that I would pick her up at 6:00pm to go eat. No shopping.  That will give me some much needed extra time to sleep.

No comments: