Tuesday, August 04, 2015

It’s All Cool in Coolsville…

Laura and I both agreed to remain good friends and nothing anymore serious last night. We will still go out once a week as friends.   She still calls me every night and boy, that girl can talk let me tell you.  I was rather relieved over Laura’s revelation about our relationship.  It got me off the hook.  I was getting in over my head.   She is in love with this guy named Wayne in Statesboro, Georgia.  She wants to go live with him in a little camper trailer in the back of Wayne’s sister’s house.

“Most men just want just what is between my legs,” Laura told me on the phone last night. “But you’re different.  You show me respect. You treat me like a lady.”

Why do some women only like and want the bad guys that treat them badly? Laura is a poster child and glutton for punishment on those regards. She is a tale tell story of abusive, abandoning, and violent relationships.

I, quite early in the relationship I might add, realized Laura was an overly worldly woman – well versed in the seedier sides of life.  It kind of reminded me of the days I hung out down at the Piggly Wiggly with George and the gang. Now, that was a rough bunch. Clara, my homeless friend, loved me, but she would also steal my wallet in a heartbeat.   Laura’s kind of lived a similar tumultuous life it seems for many years until her parents let her move back in a few years ago. It has given her stability and a home – a chance to put her life back together again.

Her last boyfriend, Richard, is completely obsessed with her and sometimes texts her up to 20 to 30 times a day.  He befriended me on Facebook a few days ago no doubt going on reconnaissance missions.  He is a skinny, gangly guy that I am not afraid of so I am not worried about any retribution.  He has been nothing, but congenial with me online. Even going so far as to liking some of my posts.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Sounds like a wise idea to just be friends..