Monday, August 10, 2015

A Matter of Battery…

Me @ 5pm yesterday afternoon: “If we pour some diet Coke on your battery terminals, It will clean them right up.”

I was looking at my mother's engine -- specifically her battery. Mom frowned with much worry as she looked on the proceedings. We had just jumped my car off again for the second time in two days.

I go back inside and sit down in front of the computer after getting my mother's car back on the street and oriented towards home. Mom heads to Circle K down the street on a mission to get a diet Coke unbeknownst to me. She blew her car horn when she arrived back at my house. Maggie goes nuts!

Mom: You sure this will work? I am afraid that corrosion will make my car not crank eventually.

I grabbed the diet Coke and carefully poured it on the positive terminal which cleaned it right up. It looked pristine.

Mom: "Thank you!" my mother told me. "I would have never thought in a thousand years that would clean that up."

And to think we drink the stuff...

No comments: