Saturday, August 08, 2015

Today’s Specials at The Fried Tomato…

Saturday: Pulled Pork, Hot Wings, BBQ Ribs (Dinner only), Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo, Baked Beans, Fried Okra, Green Baby Lima Beans, Mini Corndog, Pineapple Casserole.

I am leaning towards the Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo and mini corndogs.  The Pineapple Casserole sounds great as well. It will be sweet and tart if it is similar to all the ones I have tried over the years.  It is kind of a strange and mötley crüe conglomeration of entrees and vegetables, isn’t it?

I managed to sleep through most of the night except for some computer building.  Laura called me at lunch all chipper and very excited, and woke me up.  I am glad she did as I was dead to the world sleeping my precious little heart away. She wants to go to Wal-Mart so I told her I would sit in the car while she is doing her shopping.  I’ve already got enough on my plate as it is without having to go inside Wally World and experience stimulation overload.  Or I could go into Wally World and get me a $399 PlayStation 4 mwahahaha!!!!  I certainly would be in the doghouse as far as my father is concerned by doing that!

2:00pm Double Dog Down – Double Dog Down was a phrase my brother and I used as children when things are especially good or fortuitous.  

Papa just brought my many medications and gave me forty dollars to pay for this afternoon. He was in a very, very good mood.  We sat on the couch as dad doled out my dosages and Maggie vied for his attention.

“That $40 dollars will give you enough to get you two a sweet treat after supper!” my father told me. “Now don’t you two be all over each other kissing in that restaurant and in public.”

Dad chuckled loudly with a sly grin.

“We’re just friends!” I replied defensively as I laughed hysterically.

I was just going to use my debit card to pay for our meal before my father gave me that $40. I just texted Laura that the wheels are in motion and I will pick her up at 5pm.

No comments: