Saturday, August 22, 2015

Saturday My Way…

Desserts_triple_choc_meltdownIf it were up to me, I would be sleeping till 6pm this evening, but responsibility and friendship beckons. Laura has her heart set upon eating out tonight. I have my alarm clock set to go off at 3pm this afternoon. 

I am picking up Laura at 5pm and we are heading to Applebee’s.  I always get completely lost in Lagrange and Laura has to be my copilot.  It is a complete maze of one-way streets and traffic lights.

“Can we get dessert?” Laura asked me last night excitably almost pleadingly.

“We can if we get one of the $8.99 gourmet burger plates and no steaks,” I replied.

I am going to be cheap and get the $7.99 “classic” burger plate instead of one of their other frou frou specialty burgers.  I will have only $40 to spend this evening I suspect. It is going to depend on whether or not my father is in a generous mood this afternoon. He insists lately on paying for these little outings out of his pocket. “Live within your means,” I can hear him say now as he has always done over the years.

The photo is Applebee’s triple chocolate meltdown.  That is the dessert I have decided on getting this evening. It is kind of expensive at $6.49, but you only live once. If I don’t' have enough money, then we are headed to the Dairy Queen for some hot fudge sundaes which are completely inexpensive in comparison. 

3 comments:

skinny minny said...

Does applebees still have their 2 for $20? used to be able to get an appetizers, two entrees ( limited list but still )and dessert for $20

Berryvox said...

Splurging is okay every now and then. :) I'm usually a total cheap-o but the monotony can get to me.

Einstein said...

Why is it that you have to pay for everything?