Sunday, August 30, 2015

Waiting For Full Bellies…

honey-banana-peanut-butter-muffins-5-12-11-24:03am --  As usual, I didn’t buy enough groceries for yet another week. I am running very low on most my items. I was in the grocery store yesterday getting the ingredients for Maggie’s muffins and everything looked and smelled so good. I saw some chocolate cupcakes in the deli/bakery I am getting tomorrow if they haven’t sold yet.

Charlie should be here in about 5 hours. He usually arrives around 9am. I am starving and especially keen on that gigantic Coca-Cola Charlie brings me every Sunday.  I hope he brings an orange juice as well as that has been our modus operandi along with two bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits and a hash brown, for the longest time.

I made some homemade crunchy peanut butter, banana, and honey dog muffins yesterday for Maggie.  She will get two muffins this morning as I eat my breakfast. (An Aside: With wanton abandon, I ate one of the muffins yesterday myself and they do taste delicious.  Maggie better watch out before I eat all her treats!)

Photo Credit:   http://veronicascornucopia.com/tag/dog-muffins/

You Don’t Know What You’ve Got ‘Til it is Gone…

Laura’s completely ignoring me online now and she no longer calls at all.  She can see when I sign into Facebook chat.  She’s burning all her bridges and there is going to be nobody to come and get her when she realizes the colossal blunder and mistake she has made.  You don’t put all your eggs into one basket as the old saying goes. Even poor Richard, her hapless, goofy, last boyfriend she lived with for months, is being ignored.

Me?  I’m not a very good friend because I am kind of glad it is all over now.  It was expensive taking her out to eat every week, and I don’t think she appreciated it.  It was amazing my father paid for all that without even a grumble or a flinch.  Also, it will give me time to lick my wounds are far as my social anxieties are concerned. I have to admit that it does hurt being scorned like that, though.

My parents are very glad this has happened as my father says I am naïve about such womanly things and “that lady” was taking advantage of my soft hearted nature.

“You don’t need to be with a lady that’s been married three times,” my mother also told me over the phone last night. “That’s a surefire warning sign!”

4 comments:

Berryvox said...

Your mother's probably right. She sounds a little wacky. But I'm mostly sorry you lost your friend. :( (for now)

Summer said...

Speaking of smells in grocery stores, I was shopping yesterday and all I could smell was cinnamon. There was a big display of pumpkin cakes and cookies, etc. at the front door. Changing of the seasons and manipulating you to buy more. Ha!

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I too, would agree with your mother. I would tend to think that any person (man or woman) who has more than one marriage that ended in divorce would be a dicey consideration. One marriage that ends in that fashion can be quite understandable, but when it happens multiple times, it typically is suggestive of a person who does not know/understand his/herself much less who they may want in a partner.

PipeTobacco

Annabel said...

I agree with your mom. I should have known better myself before I married Richard who had been legally married twice and had a common law marriage before me. What was I thinking? Laura seems unstable and like she is using you. Don't let her take advantage of your good heart. You can be a friend if you like, but I would stay a bit guarded and if you really are just friends, you should go dutch when you go out or she should pay every other time.