Thursday, August 20, 2015

Exsultate Justi…

11800466_10207412056208391_7346524291358252810_n (2)I am getting closer to fine.  We are on the slow countdown to medication time.  I know I harp a lot about it, but it just makes life more pleasant for me. I just feel well with my pills. It’s the 3mg of Klonopin that is the kicker.

When will the esteemed Papa arrive after work this evening?  I am betting on 9pm. The pharmacy closed forty minutes ago. Dad has to backup the computer database and then reconcile the registers.  Then he will be on his way if he doesn't stop to get a bite to eat first. I am unsure of whether Charlie and family are back in the Valley.  Dad may have to take care of Horsefly again. That will be an estimated 10pm time of arrival if that occurs.

Friends Forever?

CowboyBurger_579x441Two days had passed and I still hadn’t heard from Laura. It was the first time since we’ve been reacquainted after high school that we didn’t have a conversation the next day whether internet or cellphone.

“Why don’t you just call her?” my father said last night nagging me. 

Now, that would be too easy! I felt the ball was in her court.  I was also beginning to worry I had committed some kind of severe social gaffe.  Well, I was delighted when I picked up the phone this afternoon and there was a chipper Laura on the other end. We talked for about 30 minutes catching each other up on the past two day’s happenings.

“Everyday seems to drag by,” Laura told me wistfully. “I don’t think the third will ever get here for me to be with my man.”

That statement made me roll my eyes in frustration.  Old Wayne ain’t going to be here on the the third of next month and it is going to break my friend's heart. He walked off his job yesterday which was a major setback.  Working was the only way Wayne was to get the cash to fund the trip to Lagrange.

“Where do you want to eat this weekend?”  I then asked her sending our conversation in a more positive direction. “It is going to be your choice.  We can eat anywhere you choose.”

“Let’s go to Applebee’s and get a good gourmet burger,” Laura replied.

That sounded like a good plan to me and wallet friendly as well. I especially enjoy Applebee’s bacon and blue cheese burger if it is still on the menu. We will also drive the short distance up the highway to Wendy’s and get a frosty for dessert.   

Photo credit:   http://www.applebees.com/menu/handcrafted-burgers/cowboy-burger

No comments: