Sunday, August 09, 2015

Dial 911…

So, I am sitting over here at the house with no way to get around feeling pitiful for myself. When Joni Mitchell sang, “you don’t know what you got till it’s gone,” she knew what she was singing.  I just called my father and told him to get up a mission of mercy.  I need my sodas badly and my poor car is languishing in the driveway helpless.  I am hoping mom has a spare car key and then my father can jump me off with his battery and my jumper cables.

“Can we take my medications, too?” I asked timidly, extremely pushing my luck and he said yes much to my relief.

Sleepyhead, Laura, is just getting up.  We talked on the phone from 10:30pm to 12am last night. I was just exhausted from that marathon phone call. I was asleep not much past midnight when my head hit the pillow.

Mission of Mercy Accomplished…

The cavalry has arrived. My father just stopped by to get last night’s receipts which he keeps for Social Security.  He also had my sodas and medications. I don’t know who was more glad to see him, Maggie or I. Maggie sure put on a fine show of affection.

“I’m not going to wake your mother till later,” he said. “We’ll get you car going then.  Give her a few more hours to sleep.”

I was just pretty content to get my medications so early. The sodas are in the freezer getting ice cold.  

4 comments:

glittermom said...

Get a spare key made and keep it at your house so you dont have to rely on anyone else to get you out of the jam.

Anonymous said...

Now you're on a 1pm schedule for your meds.

How did you manage to drive to and from LaGrange after taking the meds yesterday afternoon?

Me

glittermom said...

im sure you should be taking your meds on a scheduled time,not when your dad feels like bringing them...

Christina said...

I think you're starting to like Laura more and more every day. :)