Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A Perfunctory Type of Morning…

5:13am – The washing machine is spinning loudly.  Spaghetti and meat sauce is warming on the stove. Maggie is munching on her nibbles in the bedroom.  If it were sunshiny outside you would almost think it was the middle of the afternoon here at Andrew’s casa.

I have a pretty busy day ahead.  My father I are going to be juggling cars this afternoon getting them to and from the shop. I desperately need an oil change and windshield wipers. 

“I will call you an hour before we have to leave to pick up my car,” my father told me last night during the medication ritual                                                      .

Goodbye Dearest Laura…

Well, it is official.  Laura leaves next Wednesday to go live with that dastardly Wayne. Laura’s sister is dropping her off at the halfway point in Macon, Georgia where Wayne will pick her up.  I told her if he begins to treat her badly then I was going to find a way to Statesboro to come and get her. 

Laura told me last night in one last revelation that Wayne was a convicted felon for committing armed robbery and spent several years in prison awhile back. Why do some women just love terrible men – the bad boys? That certainly didn't sound too promising. It sounded dangerous!

“Doesn’t that give you pause?” I asked her last night worriedly falling upon deaf ears.

In Laura’s eyes, Wayne can never do any wrong. She’s infatuated and in love with the man and the idea of starting afresh with a new life in Statesboro.

Our last meal together will be at China Moon in Lagrange Friday afternoon. Laura warned me that it was pricey at $17 an entree, but I told her not to worry about it. We can splurge for our last meal together. I am going to try to get her to stay home with her parents one more time.

2 comments:

Christina said...

You don't have the power to break through her denial. She has very little, if any, self-esteem to wish to be with a man such as you describe. Just let her know you care and make sure she has your phone number memorized. She is likely to need it.

Some lessons have to be learned through pain. In fact, most do.

glittermom said...

How old is Laura?