Saturday, August 01, 2015

A Wiggle Here and a Push There…

AX860i_PSU_sideview_aI was originally going to title this “How not to fix your computer.”  I woke up this morning and my browsing and blogging machine wouldn’t come out of sleep.  I opened the case and wiggled all the many wires and connections.  I pushed the on button and the computer fired to life and then went dead again with the bios saying a power surge was detected.  I thought I was going to have to put in a power supply request to my father and that would make him grumpy at $300.  I wiggled a few more wires and checked all connections and the computer fired to life.  So far, things have been working fine for hours.  I guess I accidentally fixed my computer.  There must’ve been a short somewhere and my wiggling of the wires fixed the problem. 

A Duty Free Do Nothing Day…

I have nothing planned today and I don’t want any plans either.   My highest aspirations for the day are to get down to the tracks and take some pictures and movies of locomotives in action.   Laura just called me with, I am sure, the intent of getting me up something to do.   Homey don’t play that – at least not today.

No comments: