Thursday, August 06, 2015

Consumer Created Content…

Or CCC (triple C) for short.  One of Facebook’s Achilles heels in my opinion is all these completely tiresome memes that get spread around Facebook ad nauseum. (I’ve seen the mother dog with puppies cry three separate rounds this week). Instead of sharing another person’s or entity's content, I want to encourage people to start posting their own photos and writing about their very own life experiences.  This would make Facebook such a creatively inspiring and interesting place to be, and would encourage improved writing skills as well. I know it’s a shot in the dark, but I have started the past few days to practice what I preach with 75 percent of my content being mine and original. I can get in that habit, too, of just sharing train photos and videos when no one wants to see them, but I.  If you are on Facebook tomorrow, take a moment and write about your day and possibly take a photo looking out your front door.  You might be surprised by the reaction you get with quite a few likes and shares.

While You Slumbered…

I’ve been up all night listening to music.  I find myself gravitating to Bjork’s Vespertine album tonight. It was about her last melodic album before she fell off into the abyss that is extreme electronica.  It is very lyrical, melodic, and musical.  I just adore that song It’s Not Up to You from that album.  Last night, it was Sufjan Stevens for my earwig affliction.  I kept playing that song Upper Peninsula over and over in my head.

Maggie looks perfectly comfortable spread out on her side of the bed. I will occasionally hear a loud sigh out of her and look to see her repositioning herself. Oh hell, now she is licking my pillow – a bad habit of hers.  I do not know why she does that unless she thinks she is grooming me in the process,

Storms are breaking out to the south of Columbus, Georgia which is a complete fluke and oddity for this time of the night.  I just stepped outside and you can see the lightning some 100 miles a way. 

1 comment:

amelia said...

Mine are usually of my animals or like yesterday, sandhill cranes in our yard!!!