Sunday, August 02, 2015

Waiting For Charlie…

Maggie is in the front window on the back of couch and whining something fierce.  I mentioned the big C word and she just went nuts.  Where? When? Is he coming?  I am anxiously waiting on Charlie as well.  I am tired. I am starving. I am having withdrawal from my meds which were administered very early yesterday, and I need a good caffeinated Coke and some high fructose corn syrup for a boost.

I just called Charlie and he has just left the house.

Keeper of the Kids…

Mom and dad have all four grandkids staying with them overnight tonight.  I would love to be a fly on the wall when they try to get them all to go to sleep.  There will be giggles and hushed talking when the bedroom door is shut and the lights are turned out.  Dad will poke his head back into the room to tell the girls to go to sleep. Me?  I would sneak over and get on the computer in that room.

Let’s All Shoot Grand Fireworks With Much Revelry…

Well, Charlie arrived at 8:30pm to much fanfare.  Maggie put on a grand show like no other before.  Charlie was smiling broadly and chuckling as Maggie squealed and barked as he walked to the front door.

“She’s been on vigil for an hour,” I told Charlie through my screen door.

“I love you, too, Maggie Lou,” Charlie told her as he got on the couch with her for a back scratch. “I really do!”

Charlie didn’t dawdle and soon had to get home.

“I am running late tonight and have to get Horsefly’s KFC meal to him. He will be starving,” Charlie said.

No comments: