Friday, August 28, 2015

Loss for Words…

I guess I am just generally sad and my feelings are hurt.  I cancelled Laura’s and my “date” this evening to China Moon. I looked at a menu and the entrees were running around $16 and $17 dollars and I just don’t have the heart to ask my father for that much money.  I did it a cheap way via text as well. Yeah, I copped out.  She will see the text around 10am when when she awakes. I was beginning to feel used and abused. Unlike me, I am at a loss for words for the most part. We have quickly drifted apart as her union with Wayne approaches next Wednesday. I guess I had grown more attached to Laura than I realized.  I firmly believe in and around a month she will be calling me or another friend to come and get her.

Things that Have Drastically Changed Very Quickly…

  • She used to call me 3 or 4 times a day and that has dwindled to a 10 minute phone call once a day or even skipping a day.
  • She would always call me “sweetie” and “darlin’” in our text messages and that quit.  She will start each message to me with just a general “hey” now.
  • She is now calling herself by his last name as if they were married. I told her that was mighty presumptuous of her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew, It sounds to me like you may be a little smitten with this girl?? Have a good weekend - Terri

Christina said...

You seemed to have developed an expectation that she is/was something she is not? You agreed to just friendship and to spoil her. She enjoyed and seemingly appreciated it by all the attention she gave you in the calls. When they diminished, your expectations told you she was using you. But is that true? You knew she was leaving to be with this creep. Using his last name? Can you see the disturbing pattern of fantasy within this woman? She is not well, clearly.

Expectations are premeditated resentments. She did nothing other than be who she is, which sounds to me like a very immature, lonely woman who needs 100,000 Al-Anon meetings. (An old joke).

We are here for you, Andrew. Keep posting. :)

Rita said...

I think that even when we have an idea about someone, spending time with them leads to an attachment. I think your own withdrawal from the relationship is a good self defense. I also think it has been good in that you could use some friends that you talk to and see occasionally, face to face. Best wishes to you!

Unknown said...

That's because she's nuts.