Friday, August 07, 2015

Blogging On My Now Ancient First Gen. iPad…

A Night Out With the Horsefly…

Charlie’s oldest son had major surgery yesterday on his pancreas so my father and I are taking turns taking care of Horsefly.  I had to cancel my date with Laura tonight as well and she was real gracious and forgiving of it.

6:00pm - I’ve got Horsefly’s bathwater running.  He was sound asleep when I walked into the room to wake him.  Luckily, he didn’t have an accident during the day as he slept so I didn’t have to change the wet sheets and put a load in the washing machine.   Next is Kentucky Fried Chicken and the 4 chicken tender meal, double mashed potatoes, and no biscuit. Then, we will travel to the bowling alley just down the road from KFC and he gets to bowl four games.  He will bowl those four games so fast that he will be a sweaty mess afterwards. Charlie always takes a towel and I have put one in my car. Pray we don’t have a gutter ball event as Horsefly gets mighty torn up over those. I will update as the night progresses. 

6:45pm – So, we’re sitting here in KFC. I thought about aggravating Horsefly and sitting down at his booth.  He will just take his tray and move to another booth or table thus I would be playing with fire by doing so. It’s the kid in me wanting to poke the fire anthill with a stick.  I’m munching on a double order of potato wedges dipped in ketchup.  I love those things. I just told Horsefly to slow down and chew his food.  He frowned at me wanting to say something as he dipped a chicken tender in honey mustard sauce. He will barf all over my car if he eats too fast.

7:30pm – We’re are now at the bowling alley with some of the slowest, most aggravating wi-fi imaginable.  It takes me a minute to update what I write.  We’re off to the races though with Horsefly bowling briskly.  Pray for no gutter balls or my life will be hell. I don’t know how to keep score in bowling so I just put a big X in the box when Horsefly bowls twice so we will know when he bowls four games. He is bowling mostly spares and strikes.  We’re having a good night thank goodness!

8:50pm – Well, we are back home.  Horsefly is perfectly ensconced in what we call his command chair in a room that looks like something out of a toy store shrine.  I put a Dora The Explorer DVD in his Blu-ray player and put it on repeat. I covet Horsefly’s flat screen TV as it is humongous.  Horsefly will rock in his chair all night while fondling one or more of his plush, stuffed dolls and then dad and I will have to go over in the morning to make sure he gets in the bed and gets a decent breakfast. Horsefly’s favorite breakfast is really buttery and creamy grits.

Blogged on my iPad

4 comments:

glittermom said...

Glad you could help Charlie out..he does so much for you.

skinny minny said...

The bowling alley doesn't have automated scoring???

Summer said...

I admire the friendship and commitment that you and your family share with Charlie and his family. It's a wonderful thing to hear about.

Bowling alley's have automated scoring? That would be great for people like me that never understood all of the little boxes on the score sheet.

skinny minny said...

I haven't been to one in 20 years that didn't have automated scoring.
Andrew, you are such a good example and friend.