Friday, August 07, 2015

Asperger’s Might Be the Answer…

Laura and I were talking on the phone yesterday afternoon.  She had a meeting earlier in the day with her lawyer about her SSI benefits.  She keeps trying to get onboard, but her lawyer seems stuck in a quagmire. We talked a long time about her autism and how it effects her.  I told her to look up Asperger’s Syndrome on the internet as that is a higher functioning form of autism. It seems to fit her diagnosis more accurately and maybe with this diagnosis she will get her benefits.

Why Do The Women in My Life Always Like the Bad Dysfunctional Guys?

Laura is also stricken and in love with this guy named Wayne who lives in Statesboro, Georgia near Savannah.  He lives in a small camper trailer behind his sister’s house. He’s been trying to get up the money to move Laura out there to live with him.  He wants to afford an apartment. He sold his washer and dryer yesterday and also his electric guitars and amps yesterday. If he can just get his truck fixed would be the next step!

“He told me last night before bed that he loved me,” Laura swooned earlier in the day.”I don’t mind living in a camper as long as it is with Wayne.”

You should of seen me roll my eyes with no immediate comment.  She’s my good friend now and I want what’s best for her.

“It would behoove you to live at home and continue putting your life back together,” I finally told her in my own opinionated way.

She has stability and a supportive family at home living with her parents. She’s going to run off with this goofy guy to Statesboro and get in a mess when he can’t support the both of them. Laura’s autism creates difficulties which prevents her from working a conventional job. 

It is Looking Promising (Good Eats)…

scale-1000x1000

Well, tomorrow we go to The Fried Tomato in Lagrange for dinner at 5pm.  I’ve already got Papa’s approval and $40 dollars out of the ATM. The way Laura talks this place is fantastic and only $8.95 per person. I already know what I want.  I want fried chicken, fried shrimp, fried catfish, meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, and peach cobbler. I also want to hit up the salad bar as well. Hopefully, they will have a tasty and chunky blue cheese dressing with bacon bits and egg salad..

scale-1000x1000 (1)

Friday: Fried Fish, Turkey Pot Roast, Fried Shrimp (Dinner only), Homemade Hush Puppies, French Fries, Spaghetti, Broccoli Casserole, Pinto Beans.

5057579

No comments: