Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Don’t Let Us Down, Papa…

8:45pm -- “Papa may be here in a minute!” I very cautiously just told Maggie as she ran and got in the window on lookout for his car. She had already been mulling about -- keen on his arrival. Each car that would pass the house, she would stop and listen intently and look towards the door.  I can still hear her whining or whinging as the Brits say as I sit here at my computer wanting my father to arrive. It may be my famous last words with Papa showing up at 10pm tonight. I know Charlie’s wife is home from the hospital today so she can take care of Horsefly tonight. At least, running his bathwater, toweling him off, and getting him dressed for a trip to Kentucky Fried Chicken.

NASA Says the Computer is Good to Go!

I fixed my pesky computer power supply problem late this evening.  The power supply wasn’t grounding properly to my case.  Four firmly tightened screws and the power supply cable securely applied into its socket has seemed to fix the problem.  No random restarts as of yet for hours after they had become pretty regular and random, and quite damn aggravating I might add.

And the Plot Thickens…

9:20pm – And the Papa has left to go get in his recliner with a glass of expensive white wine at his side. I am sure he will watch the “Hitler Channel” much to my mother’s chagrin. She will blow loudly, close her book, and go lay in the bed as if in exile.

“I don’t sleep!” she fervently says. “I just lay there.”

My medications will take effect about 10pm and I have the soundtrack to Dances With Wolves which I downloaded today to keep me company until then.   Ah, sweet Klonopin!  Hold me in your warm, loving embrace!

No comments: