Friday, August 21, 2015

Sending Out An S.O.S. to Helen…

3001523846_0f3d400f5bWe needed soul food stat and Helen delivered by cooking a roast, potatoes, onions, and carrots today. I am not sure if that would be considered soul food, but it sure is tasty.  I woke up at 5pm and am still not awake well.  I will drive over soon when I am out of this sleepy fog my brain is in and get my supper plate.

Why am I Afraid? Nervous?

I am dancing around an iffy and very delicate issue. Shall I be the proverbial bull in the china shop with regards to my father?  Do I start the dialogue with him about dropping my cable television and getting the $60 a month 110 Mbps internet?  Dad’s a wildcard and I never know how he is going to react.  It is times like these I wish I wasn’t so dependent upon my parents for so many things.  A 43 year old man should just simply make the call and change his service which would take all of ten minutes, but I need the last four digits of dad’s social security number to get access to the account. I seem to always have hurdles to jump and they always seem so oppressive and insurmountable. Hey, to look on the bright side at least I am not a Jewish prisoner in Auschwitz.  Thinking of that always puts me in my place and makes me thankful for what I have in the here and now.

1 comment:

Tee said...

That sounds delicious! One of my favorite meals.