Friday, August 14, 2015

Change of Venue…

heading

image1938“Would you mind us just going to the Western Sizzlin down in Opelika Saturday night?” I asked Laura on the phone earlier in the evening. “You’d like their food bar and they also have deliciously great steaks.”

“Sure,” Laura replied sounding just a little miffed. “You’re the one who is paying.  Maybe we will grill out next weekend.”

“I’ve got my heart set on a 16oz flamekist ribeye,” I told her. “And a cold garden salad with blue cheese dressing.”

We were going to grill chicken quarters and Johnsonville brats at my house Saturday afternoon with my parents. I just didn’t have time to clean the house up to my standards and mom and dad couldn't come this weekend as they have a trip to Alex City with the grandkids in mind planned already.

Phone Anxieties? Pshaw!

If you have phone anxieties then Laura is a good person to talk to.  She easily leads the conversation and I let her know I am listening with the proper cues and acknowledgements. We talked about an hour tonight and was not near as fatigued as the previous conversation we had over that length.  For once in my life, I actually enjoyed talking on the phone.  What has the world come to? It was just good to hear Laura’s monotone and droning voice on the other end of the phone.

5 comments:

amelia said...

Is there any reason that Laura can't share the cost of eating out?

Anonymous said...

Exactly what i was going to ask. Seems like she should be paying for her own meals.

Christina said...

Ha..add me to the list of wondering peeps? If you're not dating and just friends, it ought to be 50-50.

If she can't afford her end, then find other things to do than eat out. She can make you a fruit salad or something and go to the park. Or play Tiddly winks. :P

glittermom said...

It's up to Andrew what he wants to do..not our business..

amelia said...

Andrew posts it here which makes it our business Glittermom. Nobody is being unkind..