Friday, August 28, 2015

The (Sometimes) Long Wait for Medications…

rip-van-winkleIt’s that time of the night folks – time to rally Papa and send him my way with those pills that keep me a decent sane citizen of this absolutely crazy country.

“He’s asleep and snoring in his recliner,” mom quietly told me a moment ago when I called after 9pm to get the skinny on the situation.

Mom has been really sick with a bad cold and sounded so much better today.

“Has he had a few glasses of wine?” I asked my mother trepiditiously.

“Yes,” she said. “It makes him very sleepy when he’s had a few glasses.”

“Well shit,” I replied as my hopes plummeted. “Wake him up, but make it seem like you are doing him a favor.”

My mother chuckled nervously with a hushed voice. “I don’t know how to do that!” 

photo credit:   http://charoylee.com/Unit_5.html

No comments: