Sunday, August 09, 2015

Apple Cobbler…

100_4508That was my favorite dish yesterday at The Fried Tomato.  Laura’s favorite foods were the fried chicken and okra.  I ate two whole platefuls of that delicious dish and then moved onwards to country fried steak and gravy. I finished my meat course with one fried chicken breast.  I also fixed a giant green salad laden with ham, egg salad, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and ranch dressing. Sadly, they didn’t have any blue cheese dressing.

After dinner, we went to Dairy Queen for dessert.  Laura got a large Butterfinger blizzard and I got a large hot fudge sundae.

Laura texted me when I got back at the house and said, “I had a wonderful time with you this evening.”

Ah, that just melted my heart.  I texted her back that I had a great time as well

When I arrived home, I locked my keys in the car with the headlights still on.  No longer can I get my key, but the Car wouldn’t crank anyway – the headlights having drained the battery.  At least, I had a way to get into my house.

“Just my luck,” I smirked to myself as I surveyed my predicament.  My new neighbor walked over to tell me my car lights were on and I explained to him what happened.

“You got yourself in a pickle,” he told me.

Photo Credit:     https://healthymamma.wordpress.com/2011/12/02/grandmas-number-1-perfect-apple-cobbler/

3 comments:

Summer said...

You ate all that dessert first????

Andrew said...

LOL Yes, Summer, I did. I was a man obsessed! I love all cobblers.

Tee said...

That is THE best place ever to eat! I love their fried green tomatoes, well loving the desserts is understood. I didn't realize they have a place in LaGrange.