Wednesday, August 19, 2015

And the Bell Tolls 10:00pm…

DORA THE EXPLORER: Boots (on top) and Dora (on bottom)<br />Dora © Viacom International Inc. All Rights Reserved. <br />Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Dora the Explorer and all related titles, <br />logos and characters are trademarks of Viacom International Inc.Gosh, Papa was so very late tonight.  Horsefly had urinated in his bed while he slept and my father washed and dried the sheets.  Then he put them back on the bed after changing the plastic liner.  Dad also had to go get Horsefly’s Kentucky Fried chicken fingers and made sure he didn’t get choked while he ate. Horsefly also drinks Sprite Zeros like I do and dad made sure he had plenty in the fridge in Charlie’s basement adjacent to Horsefly’s basement hideaway – a room just jam-packed with toys.

“He was sitting happily rocking in his recliner watching Dora the Explorer when I left,” my father told me of Horsefly tonight as I eagerly took my medications.

I always fiercely worry something will happen to Horsefly when he is left alone overnight like that, but he pretty much just rocks in his recliner all night fixated on that night’s plush doll toy of choice.

Dad will stop by in the morning to make a quick breakfast of grits and get Horsefly in the bed.

Mobilizing the Emergency Schizophrenia Medication Squad…

AntibioticPills-Post-thumb-615x300-75447Let me tell you dear souls, I was at the very edge of the envelope of endurance as far as withdrawal to my medications were concerned this evening.  I was a nervous, scatterbrained, jittery wreck when my father pulled up in front of my house. I thought dad would never arrive. Just the mere fact of taking them makes me feel better – to know they are inside me going to work.  It must be a placebo effect.  The bad thing about medications for many mental illnesses is they are very often extremely habit forming and you get addicted to them.  I’ve seen a friend of mine write about having terrible withdrawal from Seroquel and it didn’t sound very pleasant.

I am currently listening to Tibetan music as Maggie snores at my feet.  I am hoping the chant will give me a little Zen until my medications take effect about 11:30pm.  I highly recommend Jeff Beal’s Tibet: Cry of the Snow Lion soundtrack for some soothing and interesting music.

photo credit:  http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/04/the-top-4-drugs-that-can-land-you-in-the-emergency-room/255069/

No comments: