Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The $75 Dollar Fill Up…

chocolate-iced-creamDad didn’t feel like going grocery shopping last night. He was pooped out (I wonder what inspired the first use of this phrase?)! He and Charlie helped my brother move into their newly constructed house in Auburn all day. It took a year to build and they’ve finally finished it.

“If you tell your mother we didn’t go, then she will think you are starving over here,” he told me last night. “She will drive me crazy!”

“Mum’s the word,” I replied laughing. “We will go tomorrow night.”

A “plan of attack” is forming in my brain about my shopping tonight.  Dad says I am the quickest grocery shopper he has ever seen.   It does usually only take us thirty minutes to shop.  We will leave my house at 9pm and I am unloading my groceries at home around 9:45pm – transit times included.

One thing I am not going to skimp on tonight is my sweets.  I have a hankering for some Krispy Kreme chocolate coated and cream filled doughnuts as in the photo above.  I also want some oatmeal and raisin cookies from the bakery which are $3.99 a package.

Photo credit:   http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g55270-d1009248-i35263531-Krispy_Kreme_Doughnuts-Pigeon_Forge_Tennessee.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you shop the walls (healthier foods) or the aisles (easier foods) or the frozen (the easiest)? Bill and I shop the frozen with stops for milk and butter!

glittermom said...

Get some breakfast food !