Saturday, October 03, 2015

“You’ll Grow to Love Football,” They said. “It is Good for your Soul!” They also said.

gladiator1Option A:   “You sure you don’t want to go to the Auburn game this afternoon?” my father asked me this morning. “I have an extra ticket.” 

I shyly said no hoping I wouldn’t disappoint my father too much.  He doesn’t understand my ambivalence and lack of enthusiasm towards the sport.  I’ve told you all before that I am missing the “gladiator” gene.

Option B:   “Charlie will be over about 4pm with your medications on his way to the movie theater then.”

Option B turned out to be much more of a boon for the Magster and I.  Charlie brought me a Whopper with cheese, onion rings, and a gigantic ice cold Coca-Cola.  Maggie got a meaty Slim Jim which didn't last but one minute after being placed on the floor. 

Photo Credit:    http://velocitycleveland.org/connect/find-a-fuel-group/gladiator/

2 comments:

amelia said...

I hope Dixie got a treat as well!

glittermom said...

Ditto!