Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Let There Be Peace and Quiet…

spaghetti-0753-2Maggie and I awoke at high noon.  I guess I must’ve needed the rest.  Maggie loves it when we do this – these late sleep-ins. 

I had some spaghetti and meat sauce in the freezer and defrosted it in the microwave.  That was a very, very delicious lunch.  I had forgotten I had that in the freezer. I think that is what I am getting grocery wise tonight – the fixings to make two more pots of spaghetti and meat sauce.

The phone rang last hour.  I answered and it was my father.

“Your mother said you haven’t got your sodas for two or three days,” he said. “You must feel really poorly.  That is extremely unlike you.”

oncology1“I feel better today,” I told him cautiously – not wanting to jinx myself. “I’ve just been drinking ice water.  Put them on the back porch and I will come and pick them up.”

Dad and I sat on his back porch for a long time talking.  It was a good talk – a father and son talk. Dad was worried I feel overshadowed by my two extremely overachieving siblings. My brother just built a house and my sister bought some expensive real estate on Lake Martin.  They live the ideal nuclear family kind of lives with nice cars and expensive homes.   

photo credit:   http://www.eatliverun.com/spaghetti-with-meat-sauce/

Photo Credit #2:   http://www.glenrosemedicalcenter.com/project/oncology/

No comments: