Monday, October 05, 2015

Persistence Does Pay Off Sometimes…

wendyWell, Wendy is giving me a second wind and a second chance after all that’s been said and done. She’s a true sweetheart.  I better get it right this time with little to no shenanigans.  I had to grovel to get this far. 

We are going to meet at Sonic in our respective cars and get a milkshake – an ice breaker of sorts.  I know she thinks I am the fruitiest of fruitcakes by now.  I guess persistence does pay off in the end.  I told you all I had a bulldog’s tenacity about this whole experience and this endeavor. 

I really and completely surprised myself about this ordeal as well.  I had to muddle through tons of social anxiety and phone phobias to make it this far. I was definitely out of my comfort zone. I sure hope that it was worth it in the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! As a Brave Girl (bravegirlsclub.com) or boy, we must do the hard things. And meeting there is a great idea. If it doesn't go well, you both can just get up and leave. Get there in time for Happy Hour and save some money!