Sunday, October 11, 2015

Nature’s Alarm Clock Extraordinaire…

Maggie woke me up whining this time at 4am in the morning.

“Sweetie, you are going to let me get some sleep time in,” I told her as I turned on my lamp by the bed in a pitch dark bedroom. “Come and get in the bed.”

Soon, my unruly “toddler” was back asleep again.

I think Maggie wakes up alone and feels lonely.  When I get up, music is turned on and breakfast is served and she has learned this.  We all get active as soon as big daddy gets up and going. I just don’t have Maggie’s narcoleptic ability to fall over in the middle of a room and take a nap as she often does.

What’s Orange and Tastes Sweet and Often Grows in Florida?

Yes oranges and Charlie brought me a large orange juice that tasted heavenly along with my usual monster Coke.  Charlie didn’t get here until almost 10am and I was beginning to get worried about him.  Soon, Maggie was squealing the alarm that Charlie had arrived.

“Don’t say a damn thing about my hair,” Charlie vainly said chuckling as the wind blew around his comb over atop his almost bald head.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I'm babysitting my granddog while my son and his new bride are in Maui. He gets up in the morning and leans on me until I get out of the bed. He is deaf so I can only talk to him with sign language. He's a good boy and we have enjoyed having him here with us.