Sunday, October 04, 2015

Groveling Much?

Wendy, would you be so kind as to give me a second chance? I can understand if you don’t and I will leave you alone.  I promise I won’t stand you up and not show.  You have my very solemn vow.  I thought we could just keep things simple at first and possibly go get a milkshake one day next week at Sonic. If you want me to leave you alone then just disregard this message.  

I wrote Wendy this message last night.  I sort of have a bulldog tenacity about us going out right now.  I just hope she gives me a second chance.  If she doesn’t, then it will be important life lesson for me on how to treat people.

Breakfast is Served…

Egg_McMuffinI awoke and sleepily looked at the clock above my bed and it read 9pm this Sunday morning.  I knew then that Charlie would be here in mere moments.  Maggie took her place on the couch whining while I hurriedly dressed and then I sat at my computer in the den occasionally looking outside. Charlie soon came slowly pulling up to the curb with breakfast. 

Photo Credit:   http://mcdonalds.wikia.com/wiki/Egg_McMuffin

Dixie Goes to Another Forever Home…

I can get very, very choked up writing about this issue, but here it goes.  Dad tenaciously fought me both tooth and nail about keeping Dixie. I just haven't written about it. It was a constant source of contention between the both of us.  I will agree with my father that Dixie, the great Pyrenees, was too big for my house.  Maggie also stayed a nervous wreck about that very busy dog and she never accepted Dixie as a member of our family.  Maggie was the boss to the bitter end.  My father came and picked Dixie up to take her to her new forever home. 

4 comments:

glittermom said...

I hope it was a good home and not the pound! I don't know if I trust your father....

Rita said...

I had the feeling that something was up with Dixie. I admire you for trying. Sometimes it is very hard to win situations with someone like your dad.

Anonymous said...

This is the second time you've tried adopting a second dog. Both times, it didn't work out. Just concentrate on Maggie. My Bee kitty is over 13 years old and I just promised him all my time and love. I will not get another kitty til he's gone....

amelia said...

I really doubt that she's gone to a good home..