Thursday, October 29, 2015

Here Comes the Head Honcho…

2b2f7b16eeefd1b2a27df8295a1cde47Papa was early tonight just like I like it. His arrival caught Maggie off guard who was aloofly preening in the back bedroom on the bed. I had just gotten off the phone with my mother.  Mom asked me when my father was coming and I said about 9pm.

“Why do you think he is so late every night?” my mother asked wanting me to dish up some dirt. “The pharmacy closes at seven.”

I didn’t tell her that I think he eats with Charlie and Janice every night. In all my years on this green earth, I’ve never seen two men so dedicated to each other like my father and Charlie are. They are like two brothers separated at birth.

Photo Credit:  http://www.hulkshare.com/realyoungpac/head-honcho

A Dedicated Employee and A Dedicated Man…

10985910_1004889752856714_6185693114025702805_nLaura’s Richard and I were chatting earlier via Facebook.  Today is his 47th birthday.  He wanted for me to come to his house and bring some DVDs to watch, but Lagrange is just too far of a drive this late. I had the medication ritual with Papa as well. I hate to say it, but I think he spent his birthday alone. I should’ve have gotten a nice cake at the deli and headed to Richard’s house with my collection of Star Trek DVDs.

“Wish someone would come keep me company for a while tonight for my birthday feeling so alone right now”

Did you know he walks 5 miles to work every morning and walks 5 miles home every afternoon?  I call that dedication.  He drives the Goodwill truck. He can’t afford a car of his own on the paltry wages Goodwill pays him.

No comments: