Monday, October 26, 2015

We Have a Green Light for Go!

grands-homestyle-buttermilkI managed to escape the grocery store spending only $72 dollars tonight. It took me just under 15 minutes to shop. My father rather chastised me since I was going to be cooking and messing up my kitchen as he calls it, but I don’t think I could go another week eating those bland and tiresome Marie Callendar frozen meals, and I also don’t want to see another sandwich in quite a long time.

I did remember to buy two cans of Double Q Alaskan pink salmon.  I was also proud that I remembered to buy the peanut oil to fry the croquettes in. 

I will be making that poppy seed chicken casserole tomorrow night. I also got one rotisserie chicken to make chicken salad with. My really big and most expensive purchase was buying enough ingredients to make my spaghetti and meat sauce two nights this week. Ground chuck is expensive. I am such a big spender. Somebody’s gotta keep this economy moving and flourishing. 

I had to skimp on breakfast foods this week.  I bought one package of Black Label bacon, and some Pillsbury Homestyle Grands! biscuits in a can.  Dad’s mom would be rolling in her grave if she knew I bought biscuits in a can.

Photo Credit:   http://www.pillsbury.com/products/biscuits/grands-refrigerated-biscuits/homestyle-buttermilk

1 comment:

Christina said...

LOL You go on with your bad self. I totally agree with you on doing more cooking. Those frozen meals are full of salt and snails (or so I've heard :P ).

Have you looked into any other easy recipes? Ive been into burritos lately. So easy, take a torilla and lay whatever you want on it, sprinkle cheese, roll and bAM! Easy peasy.