Saturday, October 31, 2015

All Hallows Eve…

Deathstar_0940-900px (1)

Now, that is too awesome. A Star Wars Death Star carved pumpkin------------------->

Well, here we are.  We are at the place on the calendar named Halloween.  I am passing out copious amounts of full size Snickers bars and Reese’s cups tonight. 

I hurriedly carved a very traditional pumpkin last night and then had to hunt for a candle holder and candles that fit in my pumpkin.  That could only mean Wal-Mart.  Now that is taken care of, all I have to do is wait for the kiddies to arrive late this afternoon mostly before it gets dark.  I expect to get lots of kids from the surrounding neighborhoods that are very poor.  I know they will appreciate the candy the most. 

When I was a kid, we ran through the neighborhoods unfettered in our costumes.  Now?  Trick or treating is done by cars and supervised by parents it seems.  I know my sister’s and my brother’s children will be by here tonight.  I look forward to seeing them.

4f6df28e373a8daacd58240c1e2b10e698218

Are any of you excited about Christmas?  Johnny Otis doesn’t mind if I spend a little extra money on the grandkids.  I am also going to have a grand Christmas myself with the Dolby Digital sound system I am getting for my gaming computer.  I can’t wait to watch a Blu-ray movie in all its Dolby Digital glory on this computer.

photo credit:  http://www.fantasypumpkins.com/

photo credit #2:  http://www.2moroit.co.nz/product-logitech_z906_surround_speaker_5.1_thx_certified-14735

No comments: