Friday, October 02, 2015

A Day of Plenty…

Chicken_Plate_3I just heard from a reliable source that the meatloaf and accompanying macaroni and cheese are in the oven at my parent's house. Helen, good buddy, don’t let me down now. Dad will bring my plate tonight during the medication ritual since I had Jim Bob’s chicken fingers for lunch.

Mom and I made it to Auburn and Books-a-Million safe and sound despite the world’s craziest drivers to contend with. I had to jockey for position all down the interstate as cars sped around me at breakneck speeds.  I pretty steadfastly go the speed limit these days now that my boy racer days are long over. It is a sign that I am getting old I do believe.  Mom then bought over $150 dollars in books!  I was flabbergasted.  There must’ve been a dozen books.  She had to come get me to help take all three bags to the car.

30_1aquarium_stem_plants_fishtankI then stopped at Petco so my mother could get more of those amazing pill pockets for dogs. I looked at some aquariums while we were there as I am thinking of getting a 30 or 50 gallon planted tank for Christmas or my birthday.

I then had a rendezvous with Jim Bob’s chicken fingers and ordered a fried chicken finger plate which didn't take very long to cook. We then headed to Sonic next door to get onion rings and chocolate shakes.  They were out of onion rings so they gave us a large chocolate shake for free. Mom and I both thought that was a nice touch.  Mom tipped our carhop $3 dollars in recompense.  

Photo Credit:   http://picsant.com/188418070-kids-chicken-fingers-and-fries.html

Photo Credit #2:   http://www.aquariumdesigngroup.com/index.php#mi=2&pt=1&pi=10000&s=15&p=2&a=0&at=0

1 comment:

Gin said...

Please believe me, you do NOT want an aquarium. You have no concept of how much work they are to keep clean. And if you don't clean them...UGH!