Friday, October 09, 2015

This is a No Pain Zone…

807651_1725641_trimmedMaggie woke me up at 5am whining softly as she lay next to me in the bed.  She must’ve been in pain is what I surmised.

I put some painkiller and antiseptic on a cotton swab and ran it around inside her ear.  I then very gently swabbed the sore on her ear where she is scratching with hydrogen peroxide and then put on some Neosporin. She greatly protested it as the treatment must have hurt, but I do think she is feeling much better now.  She is now asleep at my feet below my computer room desk snoring softly as if she was exhausted. As much as I love her, I don’t want her to hurt or be miserable. I do wish I could take her pain and bear it for her. I think any parent would feel the same way as I do.

Some things are worth much more than any amount of money.  If Maggie is not better by next week, then I am taking her back once again to the veterinarian and get her on some antibiotics.  My father is going to bitch and moan about the cost, but he will get over it. I have some money, but I am just discouraged in actually using it.

Photo Credit:   https://selfprofessedproductobsessed.wordpress.com/2012/01/25/karma-burns-yet-another-neosporin-review/

2 comments:

glittermom said...

What your doing is fine but it won't cure the infection..she needs an antibiotic to cure the problem...don't wait too long to take her to the vet..

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. Both of mine are seniors now. Bee Kitty being about 14yrs and Jezzy a Pitbull is 10 or 11. Most cats live 7-10 years. Pits maybe 9. So we are definitely on borrowed time. I don't know what I'll do when Bee dies. He has been with me since he was 3 weeks old. He was the one who brought a live squirrel into the house. Right before we left CA, he ran away and only came back hours before we left forever. My thoughts were of him coming back to the empty house after we left. Eating all his food and finding no more. The snow and no heat, him being 11 years then. It will definitely be rough. You take good care of Mags. I know she's a senior too. My goal is to give them both great and happy days....