Wednesday, October 07, 2015

The Countdown to Cool is On…

BeefstewMy father is cooking beef stew tonight. I was just over there getting my 6 sodas for the day.  The kitchen smelled absolutely wonderful with that big pot of beef stew bubbling and simmering on the stove. 

“I am also cooking egg bread tonight,” my father told me as I listened on with intrigue. “It is cornbread made with eggs and butter. They both make it really rich and hearty. Momma would cook it that way sometimes as a treat.” 

Dad told me he would bring me the leftovers so I have an extra reason to look forward to the medication ritual tonight.

Dad also had homework to do with continuing education for pharmacists today.

“Who wants to spend their day off reading about peptic ulcer treatment and new generic drugs?” he asked me jokingly with a scowl.

There Were Once Tsars and Tsarinas…

I’ve been really intrigued today about Russia's insurgency into the Syrian war.  They fired  a total of 26 cruise missiles at various ISIL command structures and targets last night. Russia is still a formidable adversary.  I am sure this has ruffled some feathers on Capital Hill.  My own opinion is that we are now having to reap what we sowed – our own insurgency into Iraq and Afghanistan has destabilized the whole Middle East.

Photo Credit:  http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/File:Beefstew.jpg

No comments: