Friday, October 23, 2015

Give Thoughts and Alms for an Ailing Helen…

Woman-swollen-leg-260776“Maybe your daddy will hopefully cook us a good meal this afternoon,” my mother told me with high hopes in consolation a moment ago.

I wish dad would let mom cook her mushroom and sour cream chicken. That would be a very delicious blast from my childhood past. I also loved mom’s tangy chicken. Alas, my father won’t let my mother cook anymore citing she would burn the house down.

I had called mom to see what Helen was cooking this afternoon only to hear the bad news.  Helen had called in sick today saying her legs were so swollen she could barely walk. Helen’s legs are already elephantine in their normal state.

“Your daddy thinks she has cellulitis.”

My father is forever the armchair physician. I wish some medical school would just give him an honorary degree. I can see him proudly puffing up his chest with the utmost of pride.

“Tell dad to grill today.  Tell him to grill something like center cut pork chops or those bacon wrapped chopped sirloins,”  I told my mother enthusiastically. 

Mom said that sounded delicious and that she would see what she could do.

Photo Credit:  http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/561827/Swollen-leg-woman-three-stone-refused-NHS-treatment

No comments: