Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Curmudgeons…

Poppy-Seed-Chicken-Joyfully-ThrivingMy appetite still hasn’t quite returned.  I have a glut of homemade spaghetti and meat sauce over here out the wazoo. I put a bunch of it in the freezer in what little Tupperware I have.

It bugs the shit out of my father when I cook like this.  He commented on how dirty my stovetop looked last night.  He also says he is afraid I will be like my mother and burn the house down. 

“That will take a total of ten minutes to clean up,” I told him of the stove as I grinned not taking the bait for an argument.

Right now, I have some bone in chicken breasts boiling on the stove along with lots of salt, cracked pepper, celery and Vidalia onions.  This is the backbone of my poppy seed chicken casserole which I will put together tonight and then I will freeze it for a much leaner week.  My freezer is about to get full if I keep this up.

Other things in my freezer include a loaf of pumpkin spice bread, doughnuts, and a big container of my father's vegetable soup and also a container of his scrumptious bean-less chili. There are also a few assorted Marie Callendar meals as well.

Photo Credit:  http://www.joyfullythriving.com/2013/10/delicious-poppy-seed-chicken/

Great Salutations…

I badly need to check my email more often.  I received a really nice email today from a reader who suffers from mental illness. How are these people finding my email address?  I told her that emails like that urge me on as far as writing this blog goes.  Mental illness can be a lonely disease leaving us in the dark as far as life is concerned.  I told her to never hesitate emailing me if she needs a friend in arms to talk to.  I also wrote to her my real name and asked for her to join me on Facebook. 

We’re All Out of Dates For the Dating Game…

download

Wendy and I are basically ignoring each other it seems these days. I have no idea of what her feelings were about the matter.  She most certainly deeply hurt my feelings last weekend and I don’t bruise easily.  I see her on Facebook all he time often for hours at a time.  Dad says I dodged a bullet as he knows her family well. Who in the hell doesn’t my father know would be the most pertinent question.

“They were all crazy as loons,” dad said to me callously.

I was writing her encouraging little notes every day until she sent me that frowny face emoticon after Friday’s message as if it was bothering her.  I never sent another.  I basically fell off the radar so to speak.

Photo Credit:   http://www.sensibleland.org/

No comments: