Tuesday, October 06, 2015

The Blue Lights of Bad Nights…

hqdefaultDad and I had just completed our shopping rituals and we were headed home. I managed to spend only $58 dollars tonight for which my father was very grateful. 

“That makes up for last week,” my father told me as we exited Kroger.

I quickly pulled out on Highway 29 to drive back to my house which is just a few miles away. All the sudden I see bright, flashing blue lights rush up behind me.  I was getting pulled over by the police.  You don’t want to know what I said to myself when this happened. It would have made a sailor blush.

“Sir?” the policeman said nicely after approaching my car. “Did you know how fast you were going?”

“No Sir,” I replied honestly. “I was concentrating on getting home and getting my groceries put away.”

“You were doing 46 mph in a 40 mile per hour zone.”

I apologized and then the officer went back to his car to check my credentials and paperwork.  He let me off with a verbal warning when everything checked out as kosher.

Photo Credit:     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hdq7UNM484

4 comments:

Annabel said...

Geez - he must have been bored or looking out for drunks for pulling you over for just 6 miles over the limit. Glad you only got a warning.

Berryvox said...

Oooh, 6 miles over the speed limit. You reckless thing.

Berryvox said...

Btw, I was making fun of the cop in the above comment, not you. Subtletiess like that don't always make it across the internet.

rj said...

I've had that same experience. It sure makes your heart beat a little faster.
Glad you just got a warning.