Monday, October 26, 2015

Caprica: Not Just a Another Planet in Battlestar Galactica…

galacticaI was very solemn and lonesome yesterday, but I resisted the urge of calling my parents and telling them so. It would just worry them.  Some things are best dealt with stalwart perseverance and a quiet resolve. A stiff upper lip as our British brethren are prone to say.

Imagine my joy when Charlie's Chevrolet Caprica pulled up in front of my house last night.  My father climbed out of the car as well. They were delivering medications and a KFC chicken tenders meal which tasted like unpalatable cardboard. It had little to no flavor. I didn’t tell my father this, though.  I didn’t want to bite the hand that feeds me as the old saying goes.  Next time I am just going to get the original recipe box of chicken.

Charlie proceeded to clean my kitchen, polish my glass top stove, and take out my trash while dad, Maggie, and I sat on my couch and performed the medication ritual. It aggravated my father deeply that my flat screen television has decided to no longer work. Maybe I will get a new flat screen television out of the deal. Who knows?

“You’ve lost some weight,” my father then noted about me and we went to my bathroom to weigh on the scales. “Your cheeks look sunken in”.

During my sickness the last two weeks I managed to lose ten pounds.  I was too ill to eat. It was a rough few weeks best forgotten in the annals of Andrew. In an ideal world, I should have gone to the hospital.

Photo Credit:  https://www.reddit.com/r/BSG/comments/1zch80/battlestar_galactica_facts_since_everybody_likes/

No comments: