Saturday, October 10, 2015

Post Helen…

downloadHelen fried pork chops and cooked turnip greens, rutabagas, deviled eggs, cornbread, and baked sweet potatoes yesterday.  Have you ever tried a baked sweet potato?  If not, then you are missing out on a really neat treat.  They are so sweet, rich, creamy, and delicious.

“You’ve got a lot of food over here.  You need to come and pick it up,” my father told me in the last hour over my phone.

I asked my father if Auburn was playing today and he chastised me for not knowing Auburn was on sabbatical this week. Oh, well. Rome wasn’t built in a day and I am a work in progress as far as football goes.

I then hurried over to my parent’s with dreams and grand delusions of mounds of pork chops.  There were only four fried pork chops and that’s certainly okay.  I am going to make sandwiches out of them throughout the day.

The Guy Bringing Sausage Biscuits Called Me…

“How long have you been bringing me breakfast on Sunday mornings?”  I asked Charlie a moment ago on another phone call.

“It has been about two years,” Charlie replied.  “I’ll see you in the morning around 9pm.”

That was short and sweet.  I told Charlie to be sure and knock on the door even if I am asleep.  Maggie will probably wake me anyway, but I certainly don’t want ants in my biscuits again.

Photo Credit:   http://www.drgourmet.com/askdrgourmet/diabetic-sweetpotato.shtml#.Vhk3WHpVhBc

No comments: