Thursday, October 01, 2015

Awoken From a Deep Sleep…

nurse-patient-at-homeI was awoken this morning to Maggie barking cautiously at the front door.  I quickly put on some clothes to head to the front door to see what was going on. A strange car was parked in front of my house – a very nice Volvo.  It was a home healthcare nurse trying to find a right address.

“This is South 8th Avenue,” I told her as she looked at a tablet computer in her hand. “You want North 8th Avenue.”

I stood in my open door as she pushed a few buttons on her tablet and then apologized profusely for the intrusion and headed to her car in an effort to find the right address.

Photo Credit:   http://www.ctmc.org/care-services

Medications Came Early, But At What Price?

000073372My father totally surprised me yesterday by bringing my medications in the very early afternoon.  Anytime he is in his BMW means he is headed somewhere highbrow and frou frou.  Dad also reeked of aftershave.   Even my medications smelled and tasted of aftershave after he handled them to me.

I heard a surprising knock on the door and looked out the window to see his car.  I got excited.  We never see Papa this early in the day. It was definitely surprising.

“The honorable Bob James (brother of our former state governor)  is having a soiree and I am headed to it,” he told me. “I might not be back until late tonight.”

I was glad to get them, but that means I will probably be dealing with some pretty harsh withdrawal by late this afternoon. Dad had to work today so I probably won’t see him until around 9pm.

Photo Credit:  http://www.drugs.com/imprints/gsk-coreg-cr-40-mg-12691.html

Books-a-Million: Where My Mother Loves to Hang Out…

books_a_million_storeMom just called me and anxiously wanted me to take her to the bookstore in Auburn tomorrow.

“Are you sure you don’t mind?” she asked me cautiously. “We’ll get a sweet treat at Sonic! I’ve found an Author that I have just fallen in love with and ordered all her books.”

“As much as you’ve done for me over the years it would be the least I could do,” I told her honestly.

I’ve tried explaining to my mother that she could easily order all these books online and have them shipped to her home address, but she will balk and wants to do it the old fashioned and traditional way.

She also wanted to go this morning, but I wasn’t together enough today to drive her to Auburn. I haven’t been up, but for a few hours.  I still feel really groggy.

Photo Credit #2:   http://www.nymetroparents.com/article/books-a-million-july-free-family-fun-camp

No comments: