Friday, October 16, 2015

Risperdal’s and Klonopin’s Sweet Embrace…

maxresdefaultI was sad to learn that Helen is not cooking today.  I was very much looking forward to one of her soul food meals. 

I am feeling a little withdrawal again from my medications today. It feels very uncomfortable to say the least.  I have butterflies in my stomach out the wazoo and paranoia that the withdrawal symptoms might escalate.  I called my father and he is at the grocery store.

“I’ll come by your house with your medications on my way home,” he told me.

Could it be so easy?  I expected a good, hard ribbing from my father – a little goodhearted admonishment about taking my medications so early.  I told him I am forever in his debt if he does come by so early.  It certainly will make for a very pleasant and less anxiety filled afternoon.  Just the mere act of taking them makes me feel better and I know that it is just psychosomatic, but it sure does take the edge off to know help is in my belly and is on the way. 

The Mental Illness Medication Express…  

376001779003:48pm --  Papa made it as he said he would.  He is on his way now to cook peas, smoked pork chops, buttery potatoes in a starchy cream sauce, and cornbread. 

“I’ll bring you a plate by tonight,” he told me. “Would you like okra in your peas?”

“Bless you good sir,” I said. “I would love that.”

“You get to feeling better,” he said to me walking to his car across my front yard. “And do not tell your mother that you are feeling poorly. She will obsess over it.”

Ignorance is bliss as the old saying goes.

Photo Credit:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9uBMUCnOa0

Photo Credit #2:   http://www.gianteagle.com/37600177900.aspx

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Your dad does love his smoked pork products.

Anonymous said...

Does Papa John have his own smokehouse? Didn't you used to keep a few Clonapin for emergencies? Like the day before shot day?